Electrovaya is focused on contributing to the prevention of climate change through supplying the safest and longest lasting lithium-ion batteries in the marketplace. Our goal is to be a global leader in the supply of advanced battery solutions.
Electrovaya was founded in 1996 as a research and development company focused on Lithium Ion technologies and manufacturing processes.
In 2000, the company went public and over the years has delivered projects for specialized applications in the aerospace, automotive and personal electronics segments for organisations such as Tata, Chrysler, NASA and Southern and Scottish Energy.
In 2015, Electrovaya underwent a radical makeover through the transformational acquisition of Litarion GmbH, formerly a joint venture between Daimler AG and Evonik AG and its associated technology portfolio.
Litarion GmbH was previously a captive supplier of components for the cells used exclusively in Daimler’s electric Smart cars. Now this same technology is used in the cells and system products Electrovaya offers.
The joint company now boasts over 400 patents in Lithium Ion battery technology and over 500 MWh of cell component production capacity in Kamenz, Germany operated by Litarion GmbH. One of the core technologies acquired through the acquisition was the global rights, in perpetuity, to the fully ceramic separator technology, SEPARION®, for use in Lithium Ion batteries.
- achieved through combining Electrovaya and Litarion technology portfolios
- industry leading safety through SEPARION separator technology
- nearly double the cycle life of competitors – 9,000 cycles @ 100% DoD, 1C/1C
- Non Toxic Production Process
Acquire Global Scale Production Assets
- achieved through acquisition of Litarion GmbH
- continue to scale as needed
Develop Products for OEMs
- developed cell and module products based on Litarion cell components
- continuous improvement of products across critical matrices: safety, cycle life, energy density
- factory in Germany operational and continuing to ramp up with demand
- focus on delivery on production contracts
- growing teams in EU, North America and Asia for acquiring new customers